What We Do
Programs and Key Initiatives
We Support various initiatives through acts of kindness that exemplify our commitment to humanitarian service and enhance the quality of life in the community to include:
TAF introduces the next iteration of its mentoring program. Preceded by the Saturday Scholars programs we now offer to the community the Omega SPARKS Young Men Mentoring Program, see mentoring program tab.
TAF in conjunction with Theta Alpha Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. is committed to providing deserving youth seeking to achieve an education with financial assistance.
- Over 1,000 scholarships to deserving students since 1987 attending various 4 year institutions
- 2 year scholarship to a student attending a Dallas Community College
- Student recipients have graduated at a high rate
- Maintain high academic success and achievement
- Citizenship-community involvement and campus leadership positions
The Application link will be available February through April of each year.
The objective for this TAF Program is to help non-violent reentry individuals with their essential needs. Individuals re-entering into society will need computer skills, jobs, housing, healthcare counseling and training to acclimate in their new environment successfully. Today, with the present of the COVID-19 virus, TAF has developed a short-term goal which can be implemented during these times and beyond. We have created an information center and support team for re-entry candidates for their specific needs, go to the Resources tab. This will be executed while promoting social distancing and stay at home.